About The Gowan Group
The Gowan Group is a family-owned holding company controlling many successful trading companies.
Founded in 1969 by the late Con Smith, the Group is most closely associated with motor distribution through its distribution of Peugeot in Ireland. The Group also distributes a number of other blue chip brand names in Ireland including Franke, Neff, Aga, Elica, NordMende Home Appliances and TV's, LG Home Appliances, Breville, Insinkerator, Fratelli Onofri range cookers among others.
Motor retailing also plays an important role in our continuing success story. In Dublin, Peugeot cars are sold and serviced at three flagship premises. In late 2004 the Honda brand was added to our existing retail outlet in Dun Laoghaire and in late 2008 to the new Gowan Motors, Navan Road outlet. Gowan Leasing serves as a natural extension to the retail services. Gowan Motors on the Navan Road (formerly DG Motors) has undergone extensive development since its acquisition in July 2008 and in June 2009, less than a year after its purchase, the new state-of-the-art sales and aftersales facilities now houses new showrooms for Peugeot, Honda, Opel and KIA cars. The centre offers new car and light commercial vehicles sales and service all under one roof.
Senator Windows was acquired in November 2006 and is the number one window company in Ireland. Senator launched a new A-Rated Senergy window in early 2010 and updated its product range in early 2011 to include windows with integrated blinds. Senator offer a range of energy and security rated windows, doors and conservatories. For 25 years Senator Windows has been at the forefront of manufacturing quality PVC-u windows and doors. Over this time, Senator has been recognised by the Energy Saving Trust and awarded numerous Energy Rated Certificates. All windows come with Senator’s famous 10 year guarantee. Senator has also been awarded IS EN ISO 9001:2008, the Q Mark, the BSI Kitemark and many more accolades for quality. Today Senator Windows is the market leader of Energy and Security Rated PVC-u windows and doors in Ireland.
The Group also maintains a significant portfolio of Equity investments as well as a separate Property Division.
The Group continues to diversify and in 2010, the Group launched a new start up business, powerPerfector Ireland, a voltage optimisation business.
Since its foundation over forty years ago, the Group has enjoyed consistent success.
- 16 September 2014 Visit AGA at the 2014 Ploughing Championships
- 15 September 2014 Honda Partner with Kilkenny Hurler Eoin Larkin
- 15 September 2014 Honda Showcase New Automated Driving Technologies
- 10 September 2014 Honda provide first sight of New HR-V for Europe
- 28th of August NordMende goes to College
- 18 August 2014 KAL to distribute De Dietrich in the UK & Ireland
- 11th August 2014 Bauknecht Appliances available from KAL
- 11 August 2014 Honda CR-V Continues as World's Best-Selling SUV
- 28 July 2014 Which? Names Honda CR-V 'Most Reliable SUV 2014'
- 23rd July 2014 KAL announced as distributor for Haier